Hello! This week, we are heading for “Venus, the Bringer of Peace.” As the
title, the whole movement is literally the opposition to “Mars, the Bringer of
War.” That is, the melody is really gentle and graceful.
So,
let’s just listen to it first!
Most of the melody is played by stringed instruments (弦樂器) to bring a peace aura. However, you can notice that the very
beginning is played by a brass instrument (銅管樂器) ----
horn(法國號), and it constantly appears during the whole movement. Why do I
specially point it out? Typically, brass instruments have a bright and strong tone
and thus are often used to represent high emotions. Horns, on the other hand,
have a warm and smooth tone, which perfectly depicts the felling of “peace”.
Pretty cool, isn't it?
Every
time I listen to the movement, I can’t help but think of the beautiful planet spinning
in front of me. Like a feather, I drift in outer space leisurely. And the
delicate melody with steady tempos makes me feel safe in a cradle. In the end,
the planet will be surrounded with mist and disappear as the music fades out.
Now,
here comes the interesting “Space School” time!!
It’s
hard to accept that a goddess of love is actually a hell like planet. All I can
say is Venus is more than meets the eye!
I love smooth music like this one!
回覆刪除Really?So do I !! :)
刪除The music is awesome!
回覆刪除By the way,do you know that Venus is Earth's sister star?
Yes. Isn't it lucky to have a sister that is so beautiful?
刪除It makes me thought of these....
回覆刪除https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo7oMyKoUAc&list=PLmjRFroGpN4hybZZQPBzxRjkpoagg1Wb8
"Happiness","Home"
these words emerge in my mind when i listen to VENUS
Cool ! This movement does represent the feeling of peace perfectly.
刪除