Jupiter, the largest planet in our solar
system, deserves great music to represent it. And “Jupiter, the bringer of jollity” will never disappoint you!
Actually, it is the most renowned movement among the whole suite. It is so
popular that some pop songs have been adapted from it. ( I myself even heard it
from a car advertisement on TV once!) Maybe you will find that the melody has
stuck in your brain for so long, and now its name is finally revealed.
Can’t wait listening to it? The video is right here!
The most famous part is 2:54~4:40. It is really touching, and reminds
me that the true happiness comes from the heart which is caring, gentle, and respectful.
As for my favorite part is –– the WHOLE
movement!! In my opinion, it stands for many different sides of “jollity.” Like
the first and third parts are really powerful and energetic. The middle is quite
delicate, on the contrast. Sometimes, happiness makes us jump up and down. Sometimes,
it let us feel relaxed in peace.
Here is an adopted pop song from a Japanese
singer平原綾香. Perfectly shows that music has power beyond nations and languages! Lyrics: http://mojim.com/twy105009x15x12.htm
Click the “space school” below if you still
have time. You can learn that Jupiter, the king of planets as well as Greek gods,
has such influence on life on Earth. Pretty amazing!
Hope you enjoy this movement and are less
stressed out. After all, the bringer of jollity won’t want you
have a long face!
It is interesting! Jupiter is the guardian of our Earth. It deserves a majestic music!
回覆刪除Of course! Were it not for Jupiter, it wouldn't be possible for us to talk here.
刪除Glad you enjoy it . :)
The part with 3/4 time signature is really awesome.
回覆刪除Your description "respectful" give me a new perspective to listen to it.
I think the composer of Planet Suites, Gustav Holst, is a genius!
I joined concert band in senior high.
His another piece "First Suite in E-flat for Military Band" is also a classic work that you can't miss it!
=v=
Cool ! I once played the horn in a wind band in junior high. What's your instrument?
刪除I love the "3/4 part" as well. It is really full of joy and energy!
And thanks for your recommendation! I will enjoy it after the mid-term exam:)
The music is great!!!
回覆刪除By the way, Jupiter is also called Zeus in Greece mythology!
Haha! Jupiter truly deserves to be the king among gods.
刪除The music is so healing that I forget the tragedy of calculus, and I even think that to memorize minerals is a joyful thing! (I am just exaggerating XD )
回覆刪除That's....good for you! BTW, the minerals are driving me crazy!!
刪除It was AWESOME
回覆刪除First time I heard it, I almost cry. It was so great that I can heard it in my life!
Once I looked at Jupiter on Moon festival (that was a great night!!), I thought of this movement, really touching.
刪除